- SKIING AND OTHER WINTER SPORTS -
- 24 km of pistes
20 modern cable cars and lifts
5 months a year
- universal Tatry skipass
- the longest - up to 5.5 kilometers long piste (60 m wide)
- Slovak steepest ski slope from Lomnické sedlo.
possibility to ski from an altitude of 2190 m
Audi Ski Arena - slalom track with a time record
ski club and school Maxiland for children
- 9 km of slopes
- the highest ski resort in Slovakia
- kids area Maxiland- snow park at the Interski
- Cross-country trails can be found all-over the Tatras - e.g. in Tatranská Lomnica, Starý Smokovec, but also in the foothills with a total length of more than 62 km.
The Black Stork golf course in Veľká Lomnica turns into several cross-country circuits in winter with a total length of more than 10 km.
- 7 professionally maintained cross-country circuits in the length from 0.5 to 5 km
- several circuits with a different difficulty in total length of 25 km.
Thanks to artificial snow, the area can be used throughout the winter season.
Visit: up-to-date status of the trails.
Ski touring or mountaineering is a combination of alpine hiking and skiing and one of the most popular sports in the High Tatras
For beginners, trips on groomed slopes are an ideal start to this sport, provided that the rules of the resort are followed. For more experienced ski mountaineers, the Tatras offer endless possibilities - hikes to the valleys or climbing the peaks with a beautiful view.
Tips for beginners can be found here.
Day or night sledding on the 2.5 km route track from Hrebienok to Starý Smokovec.
Great winter fun popular with families and groups of friends.
Please check the list of all skating rinks and their current status on this link.
Nordic walking, snow-shoeing
For the list of circuits of short and long walks for Nordic walking or just ordinary walks please click on the title.
Running in winter
For cross-country trails of various levels of difficulty for recreational and professional athletes please click on the title.